What is Backend Framework? How To Build Exciting Web Apps With 6 Backend Frameworks
Web backend frameworks have become important in backend web application development. It aids in the creation of necessary online platforms and contributes to technological complexity. Moreover, finding appropriate backend frameworks for web apps that offer maximum scalability and speed is difficult, with so many options accessible.
As a result, we’ve compiled a list of prominent backend frameworks for web application development. Continue reading to find out more!
What are Backend Frameworks?
Web backend frameworks, often server-side frameworks, are a collection of tools and modules. It aids in the development of a website’s architecture. Moreover, it greatly influences the performance of a web app and can determine the success of your project. Backend frameworks primarily assist developers in making duties more straightforward.
What Are the Benefits of Using Backend Frameworks?
The goal of the backend frameworks is generally to standardize the output of software development operations. The following are some of the most significant advantages of adopting this framework for web development:
In addition, the majority of these backend frameworks are free and open-source. Continue reading to learn more about the most widely used backend web development frameworks!
6 Best Frameworks For Web Application Development
The top backend web app frameworks for your web application development projects provide excellent speed, rapid development, and customization. Let’s take a closer look at each one!
Ruby on Rails
A well-written Ruby programming language is an open-source web application development framework commonly known as Ruby. In this language, MVC (Model View Controller) and DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself patterns help developers to use them while building a web app.
Features of Ruby on Rail
The worth-mentioned features make Ruby on Rails one of the best web app frameworks.
- Automated Testing: Ruby reduces the burden of developers as they run the test automatically on the code to deliver quality assurance of the web app.
- Configuration: Ruby assists in the creation of complicated pairing components by detecting simple formal modules.
- Scaffolding: This capability enables developers to modify the app database’s functionality. The framework then generates the necessary code automatically and in accordance. Thus, interfaces are created automatically by the technique.
- Localization: This functionality aids programmers in integrating their pre-designed code into a larger project’s structure.
- Libraries: Ruby includes several major libraries that provide developers with all the tools. Moreover, they need to generate a large database server library, product AJAX library, and general tasks library.
Django is a Python-based web framework that is free and open-source. It’s a free tool that aids in the creation of database-driven, complicated websites. Spotify, DropBox, and the Washington Post are the top Django apps.
Django web application development is a good choice for startups that value high-quality web design. This framework is available in XML, JSON, and HTML formats. In addition, Django is the most desired web development framework in 2022, as per the StackOverflow Developer Survey.
Features of Django
Let’s have a look at What features the Django framework has.
- Scalability: Django is scalable due to its caching option and code reuse capability, allowing its programs to handle traffic demands successfully.
- Security: By default, Django helps developers avoid several security issues like SQL injections, CSRF attacks, and XSS.
- Battery: Because of this unique capability, developers may use packages to include functions rather than building code from the ground up. Further, it saves time, allowing developers to focus on other aspects of the product.
- Asynchronous programming: It is a technique for creating programs that run in parallel. Python-based Django can run everywhere and allows reactive and asynchronous programming thanks to its Model-View-Template design.
Express.js is a Node.js web app framework that is versatile and efficient. It comes with a collection of features for online and mobile apps. Developers use this MEAN stack backend framework to create web apps and APIs.
According to the Stackoverflow Developer Survey, 23.82 percent of respondents evaluated Express as one of the most popular web frameworks in 2022.
In today’s world, firms like Myntra, Accenture, Uber, MuleSoft, MySpace, IBM, and others employ Express.js for web development.
Features of Express
- Middleware: It’s a feature of Express that allows you to access client requests, databases, and other resources. Typically, it is responsible for the simplified structure of Express.js’ numerous functionalities.
- Saver-side Development: Express provides several Node.js standard capabilities you may utilize throughout the program. As a result, it reduces the development time to some extent.
- Templating: Express provides template engines, which allow developers to build dynamic web page content by creating HTML templates on the server.
- Routing: Express is a sophisticated routing system that enables you to save the state of a webpage using URLs.
- Debugging: Express makes debugging easier by providing a debugging tool for determining the exact areas of a web project that contain issues.
Flask is a Python-based web app framework that aids in the development of strong and contemporary online applications. Additionally, it’s a web server-side scripting interface that runs instead of the user’s browser.
According to a Statista analysis, Flask will be one of the most widely used web frameworks in 2022, with 16.14 percent of respondents choosing it. According to another Jetbrains research, Flask is preferred by 46 percent of Python developers for creating web apps.
Features of Flask Framework
- WSGI Assistance and Templating: Flask includes the Werkzeug toolkit for generating WSGI-compliant web applications and Jinja2 for producing templates.
- In-Built Development Server: Flask’s built-in development server has an engaging debugger that allows developers to use Python code in the browser in case of a request error.
- Development and Deployment: Flask is simple to set up and design for writing minimal code and quickly deploying as a microservice. It’s a simple framework with only a few abstraction levels. As a result, it can swiftly build an MVP.
- Minimalistic: Flask is a lightweight framework for quickly deploying web servers. It can combine core pieces by default as a result of this capability.
- RESTful Request Dispatching: Flask has a RESTful extension that simplifies the process of developing REST APIs. It properly handles HTTP and RESTful queries and eliminates HTTP boilerplate code.
Laravel is an open-source PHP framework that uses the MVC architecture to let developers construct Symfony-based web projects. Furthermore, it is considered one of the best web frameworks for backend development by experts. Along with app management and deployment features, Laravel provides a variety of ways to use relational databases.
Features of Laravel
Here are a few keynotes of the Laravel framework.
- Security: With hashed and salted password procedures, Laravel provides strong app security. The Bcrypt Hashing Algorithm is also used to generate an encrypted password. However, the framework employs ready-made SQL statements to eliminate the possibility of injection attacks.
- Template Engine: Laravel comes with a set of lightweight in-built templates for generating layouts and publishing content. It also includes widgets with CSS and JS code. Simple and complicated sectioned designs may be created with Laravel templates.
- Eloquent Object Relational Mapping (ORM): Laravel offers Eloquent ORM, which includes a simple PHP Active Record implementation. ORM allows app developers to create database queries with PHP syntax rather than SQL code.
- MVC Architecture: Laravel supports MVC architecture for effectively individualizing business logic and display layers. The MVC performs various functions, improves security and scalability, and improves speed.
Gin Gonic is a powerful Golang framework for building high-performance APIs, including key libraries and functionality. To illustrate, it’s a lightweight framework that’s ideal for building high-performance REST APIs.
Gin has a Martini-like API. However, it’s up to 40 times faster than Martini. The framework enables higher efficiency and quality.
Features of Gin Gonic
- Middleware Support: Gin provides a set of middleware for dealing with incoming HTTP requests. For example, GZIP, Authorization, Logger, and finally, database message posting.
- JSON Authentication: Gin can interpret and authenticate a JSON-based check request. The existence of fundamental values, for example.
- Build-in Rendering: Gin’s HTML, XML, and JSON rendering API are simple to employ.
- Routes Grouping: Gin enhances the productivity of your routes. It can also nest groups indefinitely without sacrificing performance.
Make sure you choose a framework you can manage for at least another five years, keeping potential business growth in mind. Further, you will get maximum services if you want to hire a company like MMCGBL. Also, you will never face complications alone from development to support by our professional developers.